S by Serena is a contemporary fashion brand designed by Serena Williams. We are looking for a creative digital storyteller to join our team as a Social Media Manager. The role is based out of NYC and reports directly to the Head of Ecommerce and Strategy.
The ideal candidate has 4+ years of experience working in social media or marketing for a lifestyle brand, is visually driven with an eye for compelling content, and thrives in a fast paced environment. The candidate must be an engaging communicator with the confidence to interact at all business levels across the organization.
The candidate will have significant experience in marrying a strong vision with emerging trends, compelling content, cultural conversations, brand pillars and analytics to drive successful social campaigns. They will build audiences across social media channels and have a proven track record of creating and executing integrated social strategies to maximize reach, resonance and engagement. The right candidate will also have a deep understanding of the evolving social media landscape overall down to the nuance of changing algorithms.
To apply, click here.
- Develop, build, and execute strategy for the brand across S by Serena owned social media platforms including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, TikTok, Snapchat, and YouTube
- Evolve and elevate organic brand content in collaboration with cross functional partners from conception to execution including storyboarding, copywriting asset selection and implementation
- Collaborate with the team to draft innovative social campaigns based on community engagement and marketing goals
- Develop reporting providing metrics to analyze performance, optimize reach, and ensure productivity of social content, benchmarking against historical performance and industry best in class
- Establish effective processes for management of the day-to-day workflow of social media content production across departments including ownership of the social media content calendar
- Partner with Digital Operations Manager on integration and maintenance of 3rd party tools, platforms and APIs (e.g. tagging, content management, UGC integrations, etc)
- Oversee community management: build, connect and engage our audience across multiple channels in as real time as possible
- Help keep communication flowing in our DMs and comments and work to mitigate or escalate issues in an authentic brand voice in a timely manner
- Interact and engage outside of the brand community as appropriate
- Partner with customer service to answer questions, respond to concerns and otherwise interact with our community
- Create editorial content for brand initiatives as required
- Plan and aid in execution of weekly Lives (#SerenaSaturdays)
- An understanding and passion for audience development and growth with the proven ability to build, connect and engage, an audience across channels
- Creativity with enthusiasm to conceptualize and implement programs that are disruptive while maintaining brand elevation
- Strong interpersonal skills; experience working across different teams to inform and produce content
- Excellent writing skills with superb attention to detail
- “Always-on” mentality with a sense of urgency
- Experience with key content management and reporting tools
- Ability to interpret analytics, communicate results and formulate strategy
- Comfort with ambiguity; sees the opportunity to establish and build
- Must be able to work flexible hours to cover evening and weekend duties outside of “normal office hours”
- Experience with Photoshop/Illustrator and video editing tools
- Emerging brand and / or startup experience